Keep clearance within International Baler Specifications (see manual).
- Example: if specified as 1/6”, but has grown to ¼” it may cause damage
- Excessive clearance will cause damage to the knife beam frame of the baler; causing structural damage.
Shim the sheer blade if out of International Baler Specifications (See “Checking the Shear Gap”)
- Shims are normally supplied with the baler when delivered.
If shear blade clearance does not improve after the shims have been added, then inspect inside liners.
- If liners are less than ½ of original thickness, replace the liners.
- Refer to International Baler specs for type of harness of the liner required.